• Welcome

    My name is Fredrik Henriksson and I am currently studying game design at Futuregames.
    At the end of the education I will have a 30 weeks vocational training.

    I will write about my school projects as well as my spare time level design, roleplaying and games in general.
    I hope you will enjoy the blog.

    Contact:
    E-mail: fredrikhen@gmail.com
    LinkedIn: http://se.linkedin.com/in/fredrikhenriksson

Game project: Shadow of the Shire

Posted by Fredrik Henriksson On 2:43 PM 2 kommentarer

Six weeks ago the development of Shadow of the Shire started.
The game was developed in 6 weeks by 7 Futuregames students.

We had to follow scrum and use Pivotal tracker and Unity during this project.

Shadow of the Shire is a first person single player adventure game set in a scary environment, greatly inspired by Amnesia: The dark descent

The developers:

Fredrik Henriksson - Game design, level design, sound design
Ivan Boström - Level design
Fredrik Albrektson - Scripting, scrum master

Jessica Fuentealba Wiklund - 3D Artist
Peter Wilhelmsson - 3D artist, animator
Gustav Holmström - Concept art, 3D artist, art director
Markus Andersson - Trailer, particle effects

Gabriel Lundgren - Music




I am proud of the game we made, but we faced allot of problems during this time and I know we could have made it even better if everyone got along, there is so much more I wish we had time to do, I will write a post mortem about it later.

A big thank you to Gabriel Lundgren for creating the music for our game and to the Jury of game developers who spend there valuable time at our school to give us there feedback, having people from Frictional games who made Amnesia to look at our horror game was pretty epic actually.


The jury:


Sjoerd "Hourences" De Jong - Teotl Studios, Multi-artist
Johannes Wadin - Might and Delight, Lead Level designer
Johannes "Johno" Norneby - Indie developer, programmer
David Westerlund - Game Music entertainment
Marcus Johansson - Frictional Games, Multi-artist
Mikael Hedberg - Frictional Games, Story writer/designer
 

Thank you so much!

Categories:

2 Response for the "Game project: Shadow of the Shire"

  1. I'm impressed, man. Do you think you'll fit in the big guys (VALVE, Ubisoft etc.) after your school? Because after reading this blog I'm seriously thinking of going to the same academy!

  2. Thank you! :)

    I would love to work at Blizzard or Valve one day... but that will take years in the industry, good recommendations and a bit of luck, I guess.

    Also working at a small game studio will most likely give me more responsibility and interesting challenges so I'm open for that to.

    I'm not nearly the best student in school either, some of my class mates are amazing really... But I will work hard to get into the industry, as it is my life goal.

    This education gives me the tools I need but more importantly it gives me the connections I need, I now know allot of people working with creating games.

    In some months I will be at work training at some game company in Sweden or other parts of Europe and who knows what fun challenges life brings me next. :)

    Thank you for reading and commentating my blog, please consider to subscribe/follow it.
    And please ask anything you want to know!

    Best regards,
    Fredrik Henriksson

Post a Comment