• Welcome

    My name is Fredrik Henriksson and I am currently studying game design at Futuregames.
    At the end of the education I will have a 30 weeks vocational training.

    I will write about my school projects as well as my spare time level design, roleplaying and games in general.
    I hope you will enjoy the blog.

    Contact:
    E-mail: fredrikhen@gmail.com
    LinkedIn: http://se.linkedin.com/in/fredrikhenriksson

Colour blind and gaming

Posted by Fredrik Henriksson On 5:08 PM 0 kommentarer

Sometimes I just suck at computer games but other times I actually play at a disadvantage because I am colour blind. Apparently there should be a number visible in this picture below, I really cant see it.


I study interaction design at school right now and just thought I should share this great colour blind gaming article by BBC.

I may accidentally kill players on my team in FPS games or psi storm my own or an allied army in Starcraft 2.
Below is an example where two protoss armies attack each other (click to get a larger picture):


The players are blue and red, two colours that I normally don't have a problem with, and looking at the screenshot now I can clearly see the difference but in the heat of battle it is almost impossible, it becomes even more messy in team games, where there are more players (and colours).

What is important to note is that as a colour blind player I don't think in colours because I know that I cant trust what I see. I wish more game developers would design games not focusing entirely on colours in the future.

Categories:

0 Response for the "Colour blind and gaming"

Post a Comment